Last updated February 8th, 2022
Our Commitment To You
- Collection and Use of Information About Your Vilo Network.
- Collection and Use of Information from Our Website and for Marketing Purposes. This section explains how information is collected and used by Vilo from visitors to our company and ecommerce website located at www.viloliving.com (the "Website”).
- Policies Applicable to Your Vilo Network & Our Website.
Collection And Use of Information About Your Vilo Network
Types Of Information Collected
This section explains the information that we collect about your Vilo Network.
One thing that should be very clear: Vilo does not and never will collect information about the websites that you visit, or your browser or search history, or any other content that you may access on the Internet while connected to your Vilo Network.
Vilo collects the following information about your Vilo Network, some of which is considered personal data under applicable law. We use two domains -- viloliving.com and kivolabs.com – to collect this information. In this section, the “User” is the person who created the account linked to a Vilo Network.
Information Collected from Your Vilo Devices
Information Collected from Devices Connected
User Account Information
Information You Submit to Vilo Support for
How Does Vilo Use the Information Collected from Your Vilo Network?
Data that Vilo collects through your Vilo Network is processed:
- To run your Vilo Network, including to provide usage reports for your Vilo Network;
- To authenticate your Vilo Network’s account, to improve and administer our Services, or to address a User’s request for Vilo Support; and
- Where Vilo otherwise has a legitimate interest in collecting the data, such product improvement and system security.
Collection and Use of Information from Our Website and for Marketing Purposes
What Information Does Vilo Collect about Website Visitors and Potential Customers?
This section explains how information is collected and used by Vilo about visitors to our Website at www.viloliving.com (each, a “Website Visitor”). This section also applies to the information we collect from you if you have purchased Vilo Device(s) on our Website or created an account. It also explains how we collect information about prospective customers for our marketing efforts.
Information we collect from Website Visitors who create an account on the Website includes the following, some of which is considered personal data under applicable law:
|Type of Information Collected
Standard web HTTP request; may be used for limited security login controls
Standard web cookie used for dashboard session management
Cookie, pixel, device identifier or similar technologies, if used by our vendors to promote Vilo's products
Tools used by Vilo’s vendors to target ads for Vilo’s products (e.g. Facebook ads) or for website analytics (e.g. Google)
First, Last Name
Used for user identification
Used as the primary login identifier
Account registration, secure our Services and prevent fraud
Standard web browser HTTP referrer; may be used for general internal business analytics
Standard web HTTP request; may be used for general internal business analytics
Provide the services you request, tell Website Visitors about products and services offered by Vilo, personalize your experience, secure our products and services, prevent fraud, and defend our legal rights and comply with the law
When you visit the Website, Vilo will collect certain log data, such as the IP address from which you are connecting to the Website, information related to the device you are using to visit the Website (e.g. browser type and version, device type, OS version) and the features and functions of the Website that you use (“Log Data”).
You have the option of creating an account on our Website. You will be asked to set up a username and unique password for account security purposes. You must not share your password with anyone. We may communicate with you through your account to send notices and promotional emails about our products and services. We offer a mechanism to opt-out from promotional emails as described in the “Opt Out of Targeted Advertising and Promotions”section below.
Account and Billing Information: If you purchase a Vilo Device from the Website, we will also collect billing, payment, and shipping information from you through our third-party payment processors and fulfillment vendors.
Communications with Vilo: Some Website Visitors may provide personal data to Vilo by sending us an email or filling out an online form on the Website. We use this information to answer their question(s), and may store that information for our record keeping, marketing, and advertising purposes.
Cookies, Pixels and Web Beacons: We also collect other data via the Website from Website Visitor through cookies and/or web beacons. Such information, some of which may be considered personal data under applicable law, may include IP address, pages viewed, browser type, Internet browsing and usage habits, how you browse and navigate the Website, Internet Service Provider, domain name, the time/date of your visit to the Website, the referring URL, and your computer’s operating system. For example, we may collect on a real-time basis information on how you use and navigate the Website.
This may include mouse movements and how you scroll through the Website, but we do not collect
Market Research/Surveys: From time to time, we may perform research (online and offline) via surveys. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used to improve our products and services.
How Does Vilo Use the Information Collected?
Data that Vilo collects through the Website online and offline is processed:
- To provide, maintain, optimize, research and improve the Website;
- To fulfill your and prospective Website Visitors’ requests;
- To send information about purchases and your Vilo Network including confirmations, invoices, payment processing, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To communicate about products and services offered by Vilo. You can opt-out of receiving these messages at any time as described below in the section titled: “Opt-out of Targeted Advertising and Promotions”;
- To manage your information and account, to improve and administer our Website, to contact Website Visitors to answer questions or resolve problems, or to verify your identity;
- To conduct market research to improve our products and services;
- To advertise and promote Vilo, Vilo Devices, and our services to customers and prospective customers, and to allow others to serve ads;
- For other purposes disclosed to you at the time you provide data to us;
- With your consent; or
- Where Vilo otherwise has a legitimate interest in collecting the data, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, product improvement, anti-fraud.
Policies Applicable to Your Vilo Network & Our Website
How does Vilo Share Information?
- With our vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform services for us and need access to the information we collect to perform those services.
- With you, as described in this Policy.
- If your ISP monitors and manages your Vilo Network, then information about your Vilo Network and Vilo Devices (for example, your User Account Information, and your Vilo Network’s technical settings, usage and performance, and Connected Devices) will be shared with your ISP.
- To comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process including to meet law enforcement requirements, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected, or actual, prohibited activities, including but not limited to fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
- To protect the rights and property of Vilo, our agents, customers, Website Visitors, and others including to enforce our agreements, policies, and Terms.
- To Vilo’s subsidiaries and affiliates as necessary to help us provide, support, and maintain the Services.
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Vilo’s vendors, consultants and service providers with whom we share information include the following:
- For the e-commerce website, shipping and mailing services (e.g. UPS and USPS), online transaction processing services (e.g. PayPal), and the e-commerce platform services (e.g. NopCommerce).
- For the Vilo Devices and Vilo App, app development platforms (e.g. Google and Apple), data storage services (e.g. Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure), and customer service software solutions (e.g. Zendesk).
- For marketing our products and services, social media platforms (e.g. Facebook), the Internet, over email (e.g. MailChimp) and on the Vilo App. In order to target and deliver our ads, we may need to share our customer information with advertising providers, which they use to deliver our promotions.
What Vilo does not do: We will never sell or rent the information we collect to a third party.
VILO'S SECURITY MEASURES
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, or other such risks, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and management-related measures to protect the information we collect from your Vilo Network and the Website.
We will take all possible measures to protect your personal information. You should, however, be aware that the Internet is not always secure. Because of this, we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information when it is being transmitted online in either direction.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- You can play your part in safeguarding your information by not disclosing your login password or account information to anybody unless such person is duly authorized by you.
- Vilo cannot be held responsible for lapses in security caused by third party access to your information as a result of your failure to keep your personal information private. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you must notify us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
- Your assistance will help us protect the privacy of your personal information.
We will retain personal information (if necessary) for fulfilling the purpose for which it was collected or for complying with applicable legal requirements or permissions. As long as we can reasonably infer that a retention of personal information cannot fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, and we no longer need to retain the information for legal reasons, dispute resolution, enforcement of our agreements, or any other business-related purpose, we will cease to retain such personal information, or we will eliminate any ways in which such personal information may be associated with specific individuals.
You Have Control Over Your Information
OPTING OUT OF TARGETED ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS
If you do not wish Vilo to target you for advertising and promotions, you have these options:
- To opt out of our promotional email program, make sure to uncheck the email subscription box during the purchase process. If you have signed up for marketing emails, you can unsubscribe directly by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link in the footer of all our marketing emails.
- To opt out of web-based interest-based marketing by third-party advertising companies, use the Digital Advertising Alliance’s WebChoices opt-out tool. You can read more about it here: https://youradchoices.com/choices-faq.
- To request that Vilo not use your information with Facebook’s custom audience and lookalike audience program where we ask Facebook to find users with characteristics similar to Vilo’s existing customers, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RIGHT TO REQUEST ACCESS TO OR DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request access to or deletion of personal information that we hold about you. When you request access to your personal information, you will be asked to verify your identity before your request is processed. After we have verified your identity, we will be able to process your request to either access or delete your personal information. We will respond to your request within the period specified by applicable data protection laws. If you wish to submit a request to access personal data we have about you, please write us a letter or send an email to the address provided below. Email: email@example.com. We normally provide such services for free but reserve the right to charge a reasonable processing fee, if permitted by applicable law.
Certain Vilo services will be limited or unavailable to you following the deletion of personal information that we hold about you.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). California residents who have provided us with personal data (as defined in the CCPA) can also request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties (if any) to whom we have disclosed such personal data for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal data disclosed to those parties. If you are a California resident and would like such a list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Vilo will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
OUR POLICY REGARDING CHILDREN
Vilo Network. Vilo requires that your Vilo Network be set up, configured and managed by an adult who is at least 18 years old. No-one under age 13 (and in some jurisdictions under 16) should set up, configure or manage a Vilo Network. If you believe that a child under 13 (and in some jurisdictions under 16) may have set up, configured or managed a Vilo Network or accessed a Vilo App, please contact us at email@example.com, so that Vilo can investigate and delete any inappropriately obtained information.
Website. The Website is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect through the Website personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under the age of 16). If you are under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under 16), do not attempt to create an account or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected any such information from a child under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under 16) through our Website, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have personal information from or about a child under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions under 16), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so that Vilo can investigate and delete any inappropriately obtained information.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In addition, if you have arranged for your ISP to remotely monitor and manage your Vilo Network, consult the agreement(s) between you and your ISP for information on your ISP’s data privacy and security policies.
Kivo Technology, Inc. (dba Vilo Living)
3600 136th Pl SE, Suite 300, Bellevue, WA 98006